Eggplant is such a versatile veggie! It takes on the flavor of other ingredients but has its own texture. Eggplant is also an excellent source of fiber, B1, B6 and Vitamin K.
This combination of the veggies, sauce and coconut rice is amazing. However, if you are not a fan of any of these 3 veggies you can also experiment with other options.
There are a gazillion recipes for coconut rice available but I prefer mine that eliminates using any sugar.
Most people I know have a love/hate relationship with asparagus. I am on the love side of the fence and am amazed with its nutritional benefits.
Touted as one of the world’s healthiest foods, asparagus is a great source of:
- Vitamin K – helps prevent heart disease and improves blood clotting)
- Copper – increases the body’s absorption of Iron
- Folate/Vitamin B9 – encourages cell and tissue growth
- Selenium – good for heart health, blood flow and reduces free radical oxidative stress
- Vitamin B2 – aids body in producing red blood cells and converting food into energy
- Vitamin C – an antioxidant that also helps the body form and maintain healthy skin and bones
- Vitamin E – helps reduce damage from free radicals
Asparagus also is contains Fiber, Manganese, Phosphorus, Niacin, Potassium, Choline, Zinc, Iron, Protein, Vitamin A & B6, and Pantothenic Acid, which helps the body convert food into energy.