Most people I know have a love/hate relationship with asparagus. I am on the love side of the fence and am amazed with its nutritional benefits.
Touted as one of the world’s healthiest foods, asparagus is a great source of:
- Vitamin K – helps prevent heart disease and improves blood clotting)
- Copper – increases the body’s absorption of Iron
- Folate/Vitamin B9 – encourages cell and tissue growth
- Selenium – good for heart health, blood flow and reduces free radical oxidative stress
- Vitamin B2 – aids body in producing red blood cells and converting food into energy
- Vitamin C – an antioxidant that also helps the body form and maintain healthy skin and bones
- Vitamin E – helps reduce damage from free radicals
Asparagus also is contains Fiber, Manganese, Phosphorus, Niacin, Potassium, Choline, Zinc, Iron, Protein, Vitamin A & B6, and Pantothenic Acid, which helps the body convert food into energy.